The duties and job responsibilities of a cosmetic dentist are discussed below.
- They begin by holding prolonged discussions with their patients to understand the patient's desired output out of the cosmetic dentistry. Issues like oral hygiene habits and lifestyle are very important with regard to this initial conversation with the patients.
- Carry out dental implants for the missing teeth in patients.
- Whiten the dirty teeth, shape dentures and restructure mouth too.
- They fix the broken and decayed teeth and treat the worn out teeth and the ones having cracks and gaps with porcelain veneers, bridges, crowns, fillings and bonding.
- They carry out smile makeovers and bring about a desired change in a person's smile.
- Plays the roles of a confidant, a skilled technician, an artist, a problem solver and above all, a friend, all at a time.
- Kindness, compassion, patience.
- Artistic excellence and creativity in approach.
- An eye for detail.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the latest technological advancement in cosmetic dentistry.
- Communication skills.
- Inter-personal skills.
- Ability to process patient's perception while emphasizing on aesthetics.
- Friendliness and able to communicate with patients regarding their dental health freely.
Most cosmetic dentists prefer being a solo practitioner. However, the salary of cosmetic dentists depends upon many factors like location, experience, kind of cosmetic procedures being undertaken. Their salary can vary between $80,000 and $100,000 per year.
With technological advancement more and more people are looking forward to have a perfect smile. A cosmetic dentist is the right person who carries out various procedures that guarantee to bring a flash of improved smile and increases a person's self-esteem and overall confidence about the way one thinks about oneself. By helping their patients to restore a look they always had dreamt for, a cosmetic dentist brings about a radical transformation in their appearance.