$14.34 - $18.61 per hour
Main purpose is to perform duties that assist the dentist, hygienists and other assistants in the care and treatment of patients. Performs duties in the field of reception, chairside assisting, sterilization, inventory and records.
1) Educate/Promote oral health through presentations in local schools, civic organizations, community programs and various others entities
2) Promote and implement the Preventive Services Program(PSP) in local schools
1) Review of health history.
2) Dental charting.
3) Take dental radiographs.
4) Perform infection control and sterilization procedures.
5) Educate patients about appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health; (tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling).
6) Counsel patients about nutrition and its impact on oral health.
7) Assist dentist with the following aspects of dentistry: oral surgery, restorative, prosthodontics, endodontics, and preventive.
8) Other duties as assigned
Although driving is not an essential function of the position, a valid license and agency established minimum automobile coverage are required in the event the employee drives during the course of employment.
High School Diploma. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Computer literate in electronic mail, word processing, and office management system software. BLS certification or ability to obtain Has a commitment to service and personal excellence. Is team oriented and values diversity.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required: