Eugene, OR, United States
Apply nowJob no:522746
Work type:Officer of Administration
Department:University Health Center
Appointment Type and Duration:Regular, Ongoing
Salary:Commensurate with experience
Compensation Band:OS-OA11-Fiscal Year 2018-2019
Application Review Begins
August 24, 2018; position open until filled.
Special Instructions to Applicants
To ensure full consideration, please include the following:
• Cover letter which expresses your interest in the position and fully articulates how you meet the minimum qualifications, professional competencies, and any preferred qualifications you may have
• Current resume which includes dates of employment.
• Three professional references, one of which must be current or most recent supervisor (if not currently employed). Candidate will be notified prior to references being contacted.
The University Health Center (UHC) is a unit within the Division of Student Services and Enrollment Management and is a nationally accredited (AAAHC) outpatient clinic providing primary care to students at the **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.. The UHC’s mission is to provide exceptional culturally competent health services and public health leadership that enhances personal success and optimizes health and wellness for a diverse campus community.
This position works in support of the University Health Center mission and is consistent with UO policy. Some aspects of this position may be completed in collaboration with other University departments.
The purpose of this position is to serve as the dentist for the UHC Dental Health Clinic. As the Dentist of Record, this position provides preventive and restorative dental services, patient education, and dental treatment in support of the UHC and the Dental Clinic. The Dentist provides clinical leadership to the staff of the Dental Clinic. The Dentist assists the Dental Clinic manager in the overall promotion of the Dental Clinic to the UHC and to the university student population through a variety of methods which may include contributions to Health Promotion, the Health Center patient information web site, and in-service training.
The Dentist also participates in strategic planning for the development and presentation of new and/or modified dental services within the existing building space and planning for new facilities in support of the UHC mission. The Dentist provides leadership to the entire dental clinic team with regard to current preventive dental information and dental treatments, including procedures, products, and changes in the Oregon Dental Practice Act.
This position will supervise during the clinical delivery of treatment to patients. They will not be responsible for the day-to-day business operation, scheduling or management of staff.
This position reports to the Dental Clinic Manager.
• Graduate of an accredited dental school.
• Current licensure to practice general dentistry by the Oregon Board of Dentistry, or ability to obtain by the agreed upon start date of employment.
• Valid Drug Enforcement Administration certification for prescription of controlled substances, or ability to obtain by the agreed upon start date of employment.
• Current American Heart Association (AHA) CPR certification, or ability to obtain by the agreed upon start date of employment.
• Position requires successful completion of a criminal background check and routine screening of Medicaid and Medicare Exclusion Lists. Employee loses eligibility for employment if on the List of Excluded Individuals and Entities (LEIE) and/or System of Award Management (SAM).
• Must be in compliance with UHC policies regarding tuberculosis screening, measles and mumps (MMR), seasonal flu, hepatitis B, and other immunization requirements.
• Demonstrated experience with and/or commitment to working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds, in support of an inclusive and welcoming environment.
• Experience working with international students.
• Experience with Eaglesoft Dental Software.
• Experience working in college health.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
The **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, v****The **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status. The University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact us ****or 541-346-5112.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Civil Rights Compliance, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at ****Advertised:10 Aug 2018Pacific Daylight Time