DENTAL ASSISTANT, FAMILY HEALTH CENTER
JERSEY SHORE UNIV MED CTR
Standard Hours Per Week
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
On Call Work
On-Call As Needed
How have you impacted someone's life today* At **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The dental assistant in the Dental Service of the Jersey Shore Family Health Center will provide dental chair assistance in accordance with infection control and dental standards. Candidate will support the dentist and patient, and maintain the intergrity of equipment and suppliies.Candidate will also make appointments and maintain phone management and patient flow.
* The dental assistant will provide chairside dental assistance to dentists
* Prepares charts for procedures Documents in the EMR
* Takes readiographs in digital mode Maintains and processes equipment Monitors supplies
* Assists with front desk duties including answering the phone and making appointments, meeting and greeting patients
* Cleans and sanitizes dental exam rooms after each patient use and completes standard cleaning and infection control in according to protocol
* Maintaining a positive interpersonal relationships with staff and dental residents Providing reasurrence to patients during procedures
* High school diploma or equivilent required
* Completion of dental assistant training program certificate
* 2 years Dental Assistant experience required
* Valid NJ Dental Radiology license requried
* Possesses strong patient centered communication skills