Clinical instructors are hired in a part-time capacity on a semester-by-semester basis, contingent upon the needs of the Dental Hygiene Program. The goal of the clinical instructor is to provide instruction to dental hygiene students through demonstration and exercises while in the dental clinic area. Additional duties may include the following: supervision and evaluation of students in pre-clinical, clinical and laboratory dental hygiene sessions, dental radiology, oral science or dental materials lab sessions.
The clinical instructor is responsible for the following:
* Supervision of dental hygiene students in clinical and lab settings
* Evaluation of students by use of skill evaluations and clinical competencies
* Demonstrate dental hygiene procedures as needed
* Attend dental hygiene program meetings upon request
* Provide input into curriculum matters
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Assist the student in accurately recording ALL relevant pertinent information in the patient volunteer's dental record.
* Classroom didactic instruction
* Provide orientation, direction and guidance to adjunct faculty, to the Skills Lab.
* Registered Dental Hygienist with a Master's degree in Dental Hygiene from a regionally accredited institution OR a Bachelor's degree with five or more year's clinical experience.
* At least five years of clinical experience
* Three years of experience in education is preferred
* Licensed to practice as a registered hygienist in the State of Maryland.
* Candidate must be familiar with ADA Accreditation standards/guidelines
* Candidate must be familiar with laws governing dental hygiene practice in the state of Maryland.
* Working knowledge of state of Maryland dental hygiene practice
* Current CE requirements necessary for dental hygiene licensure in Maryland
* Current CPR/BSL certification
* Experience and knowledge of dental hygiene accreditation procedures for dental hygiene programs
* Teaching experience with a background in education theory & practice
* Current knowledge relative to subjects teaching
* Current dental hygiene clinic practice experience
* Certified dental assistant experience helpful
* Experience in dental software & digital radiography
* Licensure in administering local anesthesia for dental hygiene practice
* Certification/continuing education in monitoring of nitrous oxide for dental hygiene practice
* Member of the American Dental Hygienists Association
* Hours Per Week / Work Schedule: Flexible schedule up to 25 hours per week. Clinic hours are Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 5:00pm.
* Compensation: Commensurate with experience
* Grade: Part time, no benefits
* FLSA Status: Not exempt from over time
* The position will remain open until filled
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please ****. The ****.
Please include the following documents:
1. Cover letter