Let’s do great things, together
At Moda Health Services, LLC, we’re passionate about helping you on your journey to be better. For 60 years, we’ve been helping our members with innovative, evidence-based health plans, diverse networks, member programs and superb customer service.
We are hiring a full time EFDA Dental Assistant for our partner dental practice located in Silverton, Oregon. This position will involve assisting the dentist in providing dental treatment; support ing
dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act.
Work Schedule: Monday-Thursday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
1. Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
2. Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating and draping patient
3. Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
4. Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist’s access; suctioning; passing instruments.
5. Provides diagnostic information by exposing radiograph studies; pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts.
6. Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
7. Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certifications, emergency drugs and oxygen supply, and directory of emergency numbers.
8. Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control instructions and postoperative instructions.
9. Documents dental hygiene services by charting in patient records.
10. Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
11. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
12. Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
13. Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirement s
; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
14. Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
15. Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
16. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
17. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related goals as needed.
18. Other duties as assigned.
Are you ready to be a betterist?
If you’re ready to make a difference that matters, we want to hear from you. Because it’s time to discover what’s possible.
Together, we can be more. We can be better.
Moda Health seeks to allow equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Two years dental office experience preferred.
3. Radiology certification, EFDA certification.
4. Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, dental software experience helpful.
5. Ability to learn quickly and immediately apply new skills.
6. Strong organizational and detail orientation skills.
7. Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
8. Ability to work well under pressure, work with frequent interruptions and shifting priorities.
9. Ability to come into work on time and on a daily basis.
10. Maintain confidentiality and project a professional business image.
11. Spanish-speaking helpful.
Option 1: Login and Apply
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Create Profile and Apply to Position
© Health Services Group
Health plans in Oregon, Washington and Alaska provided by Moda Health Plan, Inc. Dental plans in Oregon provided by **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.. Dental plans in Alaska provided by **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. dba Delta Dental of Alaska.