Under direct supervision, quickly and accurately performs simple and basic orthodontic prosthetic procedures to include pouring up and trimming study models, detailing and polishing them and making clear retainers. Other duties as assigned.
Positive Impact/Achieving Results
Ability to utilize existing resources and learning to achieve or exceed desired outcomes of current and future organizational goals/needs. Able to demonstrate ethical behavior in diverse situations while producing results.
• Appreciates the difference between effort and achievement and produces results that are important to unit.
• Grasps the inevitability and challenges of change and adapts tactics accordingly; utilizes learning opportunities to prepare for changing work and methods.
• Demonstrates a willingness to carry out responsibilities and a positive approach to accomplishing work.
• Demonstrates an understanding of how work aligns to organizational mission, vision, and University environment
Service Excellence/Customer Focus
Ability to meet or exceed customer service needs and expectations and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner. Ability to effectively transmit and interpret information through appropriate communication with internal and external customers.
• Consistently provides excellent service.
• Manages customer expectations and takes responsibility to enhance service excellence.
• Communicates understandably; uses appropriate words, grammar and mannerisms in all mediums.
• Seeks feedback on communication style and effectiveness.
Collaboration and Embracing Diversity
Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and civil manner while appreciating the unique contribution of individuals from varied cultures, race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
• Demonstrates civil and respectful behaviors valued within the organization.
• Provides and accepts ideas and suggestions in a constructive and helpful manner.
• Exhibits good teamwork: is approachable, cooperative, and contributes to an overall positive and productive work/team environment.
• Works effectively with individuals from all backgrounds.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
2. Manual dexterity necessary to perform the duties of this position
Before applying for the DENTAL TECHNICIAN I position, please read the Minimum Qualifications
Before you can apply for a specific opening, you must have an ACTIVE ELECTRONIC
MERIT EMPLOYMENT FILE with UI HR Employment Services. If you have already done so, please login. If you have not, please read our introductory page.
APPLICANT CREDENTIALS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION
Background checks(criminal history, child/dependent adult sexual abuse) will be conducted on final candidates for all positions in UI Hospitals and Clinics. Background checks may also be conducted for other positions.
For information about applying for Office and Clerical
, or Technical/Craft
positions, please go to Merit Application Procedures
or **** or 800-272-6400 (Iowa Toll Free).
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. The University also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to University facilities. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply for all employment vacancies. For additional information on nondiscrimination policies, contact the Coordinator of Title IX and Section 504, and the ADA in The Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity
, 319/335-0705 (voice) or 319/335-0697 (text), The University of Iowa, 202 Jessup Hall, Iowa City, Iowa, 52242-1316.
Persons with disabilities may **** or ****
, to inquire or discuss accommodation needs.
Prospective employees may review the University Campus Security Policy and the latest annual crime statistics by contacting the Department of Public Safety
Federal EEO Rights
Campus Safety & Security
Copyright © The University of Iowa
2018. All Rights Reserved.