Magid Dental Care
We are a growing dental office looking for a Dental Assistant to join our team. We are a family office and are focused on providing our patients the absolute best care possible. We are looking for someone full time for about 30 hours per week, 4 days a week in a great work environment.
Must be a team player, have the ability to use common sense, work well under pressure and be motivated to grow with the office and be flexible. Our office is constantly striving to give our patients an excellent experience that exceeds their expectations so our candidate must be open minded to new ideas that will support our office philosophy.
The Dental Assistants primary responsibilities are to provide the patient with quality care and to provide the doctor with quality assistance on patient procedures. The Dental Assistant has direct responsibility for patients excellent experience and the patient retention while in the chair.
The ideal candidate will have 2 years experience, be very organized and able to keep a clean and tidy work area, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, reliable and on time, energetic, and can make their patients feel comfortable while taking pride in the ability to make a difference in the lives of others. Please include why you think you would be a good fit for this position in your cover letter.
* Assist the doctor with all dental procedures including but not limited to, take directions from doctor, anticipate doctors needs, performing patient oral evaluations, take high-quality X-rays, various laboratory duties including provisional.
* Perform efficient and accurate procedures to help maintain doctors schedule and patient flow; create no patient wait time; maintain time flexibility for patient; be present, engaged, ready to work at all assigned shift times.
* Review patient chart prior to doctor arrival and log appropriate patient data during exam and treatment as well as transcribe doctor notes in patient chart
* Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance
* Follow OSHA and company safety policies and procedures
* Promote and market the companys services, retail products and doctors to patients as well as educate patients and address their questions and/or concerns
* Verify patient health history (basic health review, medications, understanding impact with dentistry) and document appropriately in patients chart.
* Complete checklists as assigned.
* Clean and prepare operatory per company procedures prior to patient appointment
* Sterilize equipment and operatories per OSHA guidelines
* Assist staff in scheduling patients follow up visits
* Create all NEAs as necessary for all work done by the end of the day.
* Assist with cleaning of front office areas as needed.
* Follow up with labs to ensure quality and timely products
* Track incoming and outgoing lab cases with staff
* Assist hygienist(s) as requested
* Monitor level of dental supplies and order as needed
* Other duties apply.
* Current radiography certification
* Dental Assistant certification
* Maintain annual OSHA, HIPAA and Infection Control training as required by law
* Experience in a professional environment with direct patient contact preferred
* Current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation preferred
Paid Time Off
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Magid Dental Care